Sunday, April 6, 2008

Ron Paul delegates sweep Minneapolis's congressional district

All Republican national delegates elected yesterday by Minneapolis's congressional district are Ron Paul supporters. I've heard this from two sources. Here's the story. Here's the district. This district, my district, includes Minnehaha Creek and the entire city of Minneapolis.

I no longer support Ron Paul, for strong reasons I have written about here and elsewhere where I fear the words of liberty are but camouflage, but I do support the message of liberty. I hope this is a signal for liberty, not for those who merely tout it.

Update (Apr 6, 2008, 6:00 pm Central): Reportedly Ron Paul supporters swept the Republican 4th district election, too. In the 6th, they elected all but one of the national and alternative delegates, amidst controversy.

Update (Apr 7, 2008, 10:48 pm Central): There's an interesting article by Bob von Sternberg and Kevin Duchschere in the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

Update (Apr 7, 2008, 11:27 pm Central): Reaction of Prof. King Banaian at St. Cloud State University - What the Hell Happened at the CD6 Convention?

Update (Apr 8, 2008, 3:04 pm Central): From Google Alert, these just in...
Update (Apr 9, 2008, 2:51 pm Central): More info on the 6th Congressional District convention, from the Wright County Republican

No comments: